Fairfax Volunteer Fire Department
Statement of Commitment
As a member of the Department, I hereby make a commitment to:
- Attend monthly membership meetings.
- Attend scheduled training sessions.
- Participate in assigned Bingo sessions.
- Perform a minimum of 20 hours duty/staffing per month.
- Become “minimum staffing” certified on Suppression and EMS
- apparatus within two years.
As a member, I understand that I must abide by the by-laws and rules and regulations of the Department, and that I am subject to suspension or expulsion if I fail to do so. Some causes for dismissal from the Department include:
- Failure to complete training or maintain certification for Firefighter I/II, Emergency Medical Technician or (CPR).
- Failure to perform minimum duty/staffing hour requirements.
- Failure to attend in-service or required training programs.
- Breach of confidentially.
- Unethical or illegal behavior.
- Unwillingness to follow the directions of Department Officers
- Discrimination by race, color, religion or sex.
I should expect to stay in the local area for a minimum of 3-5 years. Successfully complete a thorough background investigation, including a criminal fingerprint check.
Operational members MUST have a clean driving check.
Participate in mandatory fund-raising activities and assigned bingo.
Participate in department and/or corporate activities as needed to meet the needs of the department.
Attend monthly membership/business meetings.
Administrative members are expected to work at least 120 hours/year (10 hours a month).
Operational members are expected to work at least 240 hours /year (10 hours a month) riding apparatus or otherwise engaging in operational activities, in addition to performing administrative or fundraising commitments.